MakerBot® Slate Gray Tough PLA Filament Bundle MakerBot 5th Generation & MakerBot Replicator+
- MakerBot Replicator+
- MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (5th Generation)
Create durable, high-impact strength prototypes and fixtures with this bundle. It includes 3 spools of Tough PLA Filament and the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+. Engineers and designers can save time and money with a filament that’s as tough as ABS and as reliable to print as PLA.
This filament is similar to ABS in its tensile, impact, and flexural strength. It warps less than ABS and offers greater durability than PLA —meaning it can flex more than PLA before it breaks. It’s optimized for use with the easily swappable MakerBot Tough PLA Smart Extruder+.
- Similar tensile, impact, and flexural strength to ABS
- Greater durability than PLA —which means it can flex more than PLA before it breaks
- Suitable for printing jigs and fixtures with threaded and snap fits that can withstand repeated use
- Warps less than ABS during printing, which makes for more reliable print results
- MakerBot Tough PLA and the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+ are optimized to provide consistent results and ease-of-use.
- MakerBot Print optimizes slicing for this bundle and your MakerBot 3D Printer
- The drive system within the Tough Smart Extruder+ and MakerBot’s firmware are specifically tuned and optimized for consistent print quality and reliability with this bundle.
- Optimized for MakerBot Replicator+, MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (5th Gen), and MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer
- This swappable extruder allows you to print with Tough PLA Filament and easily switch to the Smart Extruder+ for printing with MakerBot PLA Filament
Compatibility and Requirements
To print Tough PLA Filament, you must choose the bundle with the appropriate Tough PLA Smart Extruder+ for your printer.
MakerBot Print is required to print with Tough PLA and the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+
MakerBot Tough PLA is a functional material that MakerBot developed to address the specific needs of designers and engineers.
We know that reliability and consistent performance is a priority for professionals and the MakerBot Tough PLA bundle is a complete solution to get started with minimal downtime.
The bundle comes with the Tough PLA Smart Extruder+, which is optimized for consistent print quality and reliability with MakerBot Tough PLA.
This optimization allows us to guarantee reliability for the life of the bundle.
Prior to Printing
Be sure your build plate is level, clean, and oil-free
Printing regular MakerBot PLA through the Tough Smart Extruder+ voids this extruder’s warranty.
- Glass Temp: 60-65°C (140-149°F)
- Melting Temp: 150-160°C (302-320°F)
- Nozzle Temp: 215°C (419°F)
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Spool diameter: 25.0 cm (9.84 in)
- Spool width: 4 cm (1.57 in)
- Spool hub hole: 5.08 cm (2 in)
- Shipping weight: 3.54 kg [7.81 LBS]
- Net weight: 3.12 kg [6.87 LBS] for bundle
Store MakerBot Tough PLA Filament in a cool, dry place as it can absorb moisture from air and long-term exposure to humidity can compromise filament quality and performance.