MakerBot METHOD X
Performance 3D Printer
Manufacturing tools Applications
- End-use parts
- Functional prototypes
Bridging the gap between industrial and desktop 3D printing.
- Match design dimensions.
- Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers.
* Operating lease for Education and Finance Lease for Limited Liability companies only.
Industrial Reliability + Precision
- Match design dimensions
- - Dimensional accuracy of ±0.2mm*
*± 0.2 mm or ± 0.002 mm per mm of travel (whichever is greater). Based on internal testing of selected geometries.
Fastest CAD to Part
- - Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers**
- - Seamless printing workflow
**Compared to popular desktop 3D printers when using the same layer height and infill density settings. Speed advantage dependent upon object geometry.
Maximum Innovation + Minimal Investment
- - About ⅓ the first-year cost of ownership of an entry-level industrial 3D printer with no technician required
- - Accelerate your design process and reduce risk while reclaiming time and money
Match design dimensions.
● Vertical Layer Uniformity provides smooth surfaces
● Dimensional Accuracy of ± 0.2mm*
● Tight Cylindricity Tolerance
● Pristine, environmentally-controlled PVA
● Complex overhangs without scarring
From the inside out.
- 21 ONBOARD SENSORS
- WIFI CONNECTIVITY
- REMOTE MONITORING + PRINTING
- 25 COMPATIBLE CAD FILE TYPES
- 5" FULL-COLOR CAPACITIVE TOUCH SCREEN
Print up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers and accelerate your agile design process. METHOD screams past desktop 3D printers while simultaneously providing dimensional accuracy and industrial 3D printer reliability.
MakerBot METHOD for Business
MakerBot METHOD for Business is tailored to the needs of fast-paced and demanding organizations looking to eliminate the cost of downtime and prevent missed deadlines. Designed to keep your teams moving seamlessly and without interruption, only MakerBot METHOD for Business includes our most advanced extended warranty package — MakerCare Platinum Protection.
Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame Construction
A structurally-optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing.
Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Circulating Heated Chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer—not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, METHOD takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
Dual Performance Extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times and produce precise parts.
Dry-Sealed Material Bays
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal
environment—a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers
Unrestricted Geometric Freedom
Dissolvable Support System 1-2
Superior surface finish and unrestricted geometric freedom are paramount to delivering high quality printed parts. MakerBot’s Precision Dissolving PVA enables fast and easy support removal without compromising part design or dimensional accuracy.
Precision Dissolving PVA provides two key benefits:
● Unrestricted geometric freedom (large overhangs, cavities, etc)
● Superior print quality and surface finish
Professional Dual Extrusion Additive Manufacture from MakerBot
Precision made for Precision finish, with 220,000 hours testing across 110 devices, a machine built for the professional desiring professional prototypes.
The MakerBot METHOD for:
With overall TCO lower than any other device in its class.
- Initial Hardware
Save 33% 1st year cost of any other entry level Industrial 3D Printer
MakerBot Print the innovative slicing sorftware from MakerBot aids workflow, encourages project co-operation and saves on iteration
Handles 25+ Native CAD files
X & Y Bellows
Power Requirements; 8.1A - 3.4A, 50- 60 Hz 800 w max.
- MakerBot Precision Tough™
- MakerBot Precision PLA
- MakerBot Precision PVA
- Production-grade ABS
- End-use-parts & manufacturing tool
- SR-30 Support material
- MakerBot PetG
- MakerBot PVA-M (for PetG)
* 0.2 mm or ± 0.002 mm per mm of travel (whichever is greater). Based on internal testing of selected geometries.
** Compared to popular desktop 3D printers when using the same layer height and infill density settings. Speed advantage dependent upon object geometry.
***Expected total amount of testing to be completed prior to shipping.
MakerBot METHOD 3D Printer, Spring Steel Build Plate, 1 Spool of Tough Precision Model Material, 1 Spool of PVA Precision Support Material, 1 Performance Extruder 1 Model, 1 Performance Extruder 2 Support, 1 Nozzle Brush, 1 Hex Key, 1 USB A-to-B Cable, 1 US Power Cord, 1 EU Power Cord
|Build Volume||Dual Extrusion 15.2 x 19 x 19.6 cm (6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in) - Single Extrusion: 19 x 19 x 19.6 cm (7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in)|
|Build Volume Capacity||5720.064 cm|
|Layer Resolution||20 - 400 microns|
|Filament Diameter||1.75 mm|
|Build Plate/Bed||Spring Steel Build Plate with Grip Surface|
|Connectivity||USB/ WiFi / Ethernet|